Hair loss is the most unlike the condition in women, especially the appearance of sudden bald spots on the head. But unluckily it is the most common condition in women. According to the daily mail report, women in the UK are worried about sudden hair loss.
According to the new clinical studies the appearance of a sudden bald spot on the headwoman is due to two main types of hair loss. One is alopecia areata and the other is Telogen Effluvium. Now the question is that what is the difference between alopecia areata and telogen effluvium? And which one causes the most bald spots on the head.
Alopecia Areata is an autoimmune disorder in which the immune system damages the hair follicles. In this condition, the immune system considers the hair follicle cells as a pathogen and in counter destroys the hair follicles. That causes the appearance of a sudden bald spot on a woman’s head.
Telogen Effluvium is another type of hair loss that causes bald spots on the head. In this condition, most of the hair follicles are in the telogen phase. Due to which the hair growth rate lags the fallout rate that causes the receding of hairlines. Such hair loss occurs after severe mental shock or long illness.
Causes of Bald Spot on Head Woman
There is a long list of health conditions that cause sudden bald spots on a woman’s head. Some of them are listed in this article.
- Autoimmune Disorder
- Nutrition Deficiency
- High Fever
- Pernicious Anemia and Down Syndrome
- Mental and Physical Shock
For diagnosing the proper cause of sudden baldness you should consult with a senior dermatologist. He will do the following activities to find out the actual cause. These activities include the following.
- In the first step the doctor will examine the scalp, the area affected, and baldness and hair loss pattern.
- The doctor may ask to count the number of hair loss in 24 hours. If the number of hair loss in 24 hours exceeds 100 indicates some serious issue.
- If still, the cause is not found, the doctor will tell you to perform the pull-out test. The doctor will pull a bunch of 35 to 50 hairs and will count the number of hairs shed by pulling. The doctor may also check the white bulb at the end of fallen hair.
- The number of hairs lost during washing and combing may help the Doctors to diagnose the actual cause of hair loss.
- Along with these physical examinations, the doctor will advise the following clinical tests. Which may include CBC, Hormone Test, Thyroid Function Test, and complete urine examination.
There are multiple causes of hair loss, that is why there is no single line treatment of any hair loss. You should adopt a proper strategy for hair loss treatment. That may include improved hair care, a balanced diet plan, and a prescribed list of hair growth products. However, we have summarized the treatment of bald spots on woman’s heads in this article as given below.
Taking Care of Hairs
The patient should improve the ways he cares for hairs according to his dermatologist’s advice. In my clinic, I noted many patients who improved their hair fall condition just by taking care of hair according to our advice which includes the following caring steps.
- Wash hairs daily with prescribed shampoo that contains the required ingredients for hair growth.
- Properly oil the hair with the recommended coconut oil that will keep your hair follicle moist and fresh.
- Do not comb hair with the plastic comb of tight jaws, use a wooden comb with the open jaws instead.
Taking Proper Diet
Most of the hair fall conditions are due to nutrients deficiencies. Taking a proper diet has improved hair loss conditions in most patients. Because different micronutrients like vitamins D, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, and Protein have a role in the growth of hairs. If you cannot get a balanced diet, then take these vitamins and nutrients in the form of supplements.
- Vitamin D Supplement
- Vitamin A Supplement
- Vitamin E Supplement
- Vitamin B7 Supplement
- Protein and Zinc Supplement
Treatment with Corticosteroid
Treatment with corticosteroids is the most common treatment of hair loss. In which corticosteroids are injected inside skin at bald spots under the supervision of Dermatologists. The corticosteroid can be taken orally and implemented topically.
Treatment with Minoxidil
Minoxidil is the only approved medicine by Federal Drug Authority-FDA USA for hair loss conditions. Usually, dermatologists recommend the implementation of a 5% minoxidil solution on bald spots. An ideal product of minoxidil is available in the market by brand name Woman’s Rogan.